Calderdrift Scout Campsite is owned by Wakefield Scouts and is open to Scouts, Guides, Duke of Edinburgh and other Youth Groups for day or evening visits and camping throughout the year.
The campsite is on the site of the former Calder Drift open cast coal mine off Denby Dale Road, Wakefield which is now landscaped with open grass fields and woodlands.
All content and material on this website is subject to copyright
CALDERDRIFT HAS REOPENED!!
#Calderdrift has now reopened for Scouting day/evening visitors to come with their Section for their meeting
• The site is only open for activities provided by the Leaders. - No onsite activities available at present
• Currently no cost for Wakefield Groups use of site but this is to be reviewed in the future.
• The site is limited to only two Sections or Groups at the same time. And only 1/2 day on a weekend. This is to allow other Groups/Sections to use it.
• Bookings must be made through the Bookings Secretary and the COVID 19 Risk Assessment and guidance will be supplied upon confirmation of booking, which should be read prior to use.
• Groups must have had an approved (currently) Amber level RA prior to use.
Visits our website www.wakefieldscoutscalderdrift.org.uk to book or email [email protected]
We are also in a position to offer the campsite to Scouting families for camping on a weekend (fees apply & subject to availability) If you are interested in camping please contact our Booking Secretary.
We have now acquired a supply of the original cloth Camp Site Badge from when the site opened and these are available to campers at £1 each and can be ordered on the Activity Prices Sheet booking form